A thorough and comprehensive course for aspiring make-up artists who are looking to become fully qualified and start a career in the beauty industry.
Comprised of three-hour sessions, three evenings a week, students will complete the course within the intimate and relaxed surroundings of BECCA's flagship boutique in Chelsea. With a small class structure of no more than six attendants per course, the BECCA Makeup Academy presents a truly comprehensive learning environment with every individual receiving the utmost attention.
Covering all aspects of makeup artistry, graduates will be equipped to instantly start working in their chosen field of makeup, including fashion (editorial, campaign, advertising, catwalk); bridal (basic hair styling is covered in this course) and TV/film.
The course fee includes a certificate of qualification upon completion, a makeup kit valued at over £1000 (this will contain everything you need for the duration of the course), a starter brush set and instant membership in the Industry Alliance program, entitling you to an everyday 30% discount off all BECCA product purchases.
All students will be given insider industry pointers and contacts for setting off on their new careers. A photo shoot on location with a professional photographer - on completion of the course syllabus - will provide an opportunity for graduates to create both a print and online portfolio, aided by BECCA; an invaluable tool for embarking on a makeup artistry career.
Outstanding students will be approached to join the BECCA Pro Team for assisting on exciting shoots, fashion shows and events, as well as recruitment opportunities within the BECCA Retail Artist Team.
- Colour Theory
- Personal Grooming
- Kit Guide and Tools
- Understanding and Preparing the skin
- Product knowledge
- Application and Technique
- Basic Day Makeup
- Basic Evening Makeup
- Makeup Trends/Catwalk
- Contouring and Highlighting
- False Lash Application
- Male Grooming
- Makeup for Editorial
- Makeup for TV/Film
- Bridal Makeup
- Hair Seminar and Basic Styling Instruction
- Photo Shoot Etiquette
- Photo Shoot on Location
- Creating on Online Portfolio
- Developing your freelance business
- Website Promotion
- Business/Comp Cards
- Certificate of qualification upon completion
- A makeup kit valued at over £1000
- A brush starter kit
- Membership in the Industry Alliance Program, entitling you to 30% off all BECCA product purchases
- Insider industry pointers
- Professional photo shoot within the BECCA Studio
- Online portfolio and website
- Recruitment opportunities
Duration & Times
7 weeks / 3 evenings per week 6pm to 9pm
Dates for 2011
- Slot 1: 25th January - 10th March
- Slot 2: 26th April - 9th June
- Slot 3: 14th June - 28th July
- Slot 4: 6th September - 20th October
- Slot 5: 1st November - 15th December
Cost: £4,800 (£4000 + VAT)
A 25% deposit of £1,200 is due on application. Full payment is due before the course start date.
Payment can be made by credit card, cheque or bank transfer - please contact us for further details.
How to book
For more information and to book this course call 0207 352 4007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.